The 88 has built and relaunched the official website for Corzo, a modern tequila brand that celebrates unique visions, artistry, and innovation. In executing the design, we created the homepage to display current social media content and used the iconic bottle as a focal point, striving to create a distinct experience that embodies the brand’s motto, “Challenge the Expected.
• Built on Wordpress platform
• Written in PHP
• Includes Twitter API integration to pull in social media posts
We worked with gourmet gelato and sorbetto brand, Ciao Bella, to redesign their official website, which features over 20 unique flavors. The company sources authentic ingredients from around the world, turning to Chef Danilo Zecchin to expertly create the finished product.
In building the design concept for the website, which is primarily photo-driven, we collaborated with Little Wolf Collective for product photography and creative input. We executed the design and developed the site in it's entirety.
The 88 worked with grooming line V76 by Vaughn to create the “Props to Your Pops” campaign for Father’s Day 2014. With a focus on high-quality, on-brand photography, the campaign highlighted men’s style through several audience engagement contests.
• Increased followings on Twitter by 120% and Instagram by 250%
The 88’s social media launch of premium headphone brand Master & Dynamic successfully elevated awareness and following. A sleek and sophisticated event, Synthesis Sessions 1 was a custom campaign created to activate the launch, showcasing the brand’s commitment to the partnership between sound and creativity.
• Propelled brand growth of 3.5K social media fans over a 10-day period
• Worked with Instagram influencers @twheat, @heysp, and @13thwitness to create the hashtag #SoundIsCreativity
• Received over 7 million impressions with #SoundIsCreativity in the week surrounding Synthesis Session 1
• Featured performances by Majical Cloudz, Fatima Al Qadiri, Hot Sugar, and Tennessee Thomas
• Acquired 660 #SoundIsCreativity photos submitted by users
The 88 designed and developed Lizworks, a website excelling in branding through art. Working with director Matt Kiegman to highlight creator Liz’s story, we created a captivating, video-based website, with a mobile-responsive counterpart.
Link to site: www.lizworks.biz
• Inspired an 85% increase in illy issimo Instagram followers
• Collaborated with illy issimo insiders Amanda DelDuca, New Team, and Ria Michelle
• Created and activated custom content specific to WMC audience, Angelo’s social fans, and the wider Miami market
We designed and developed the app BeUrSelfie, providing Instagram addicts with the means to compete locally and globally for #selfie acclaim. We created the app with search tools to help users discover new Instagrammers as well as photos taken nearby, and integrated with Instagram’s API to map and rank user photos,ensuring the full leverage of its popularity.
The 88 activated the Corzo Collective Banquet Series in San Francisco by celebrating he 6-year anniversary of Black Scale, powered by Social Print Studio. The event included a fusion of fashion and technology through a display of 6 unique images of Black Scale’s history, complimented by real time projections of #BlvckCorzoSF images taken that night.
• Dinner guests included Cole Rise, Kim Matulova, Mateo Berry, Apex One, Aaron Durand, and Self Edge
• Guests received limited edition Black Scale pieces, and left with a framed version of their personal #BlvckCorzoSF images at the end of the evening
App development is a team effort, thats why with our latest, BeUrSelfie, we made use of our diverse staff of designers, photographers, writers, and developers at The 88 to create the entire app in-house. The result is an app, which leverages the over 40 million photos hashtagged #selfie on Instagram, that was conceived, created, and launched, entirely by our company. From the logo, to the user interface, to the user experience- our team ironed out every detail.
The 88 hand-selected over 30 NYC-based influencers to broaden awareness of ZICO’s commitment to #ReNewYorkCity. By sharing their experience through social media, the influencers shared a true taste of the ZICO lifestyle with their fans and fellow New Yorkers.
• Influencers included Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller, @13thwitness, @chrisozer, and @IamGalla
• Each influencer was treated to a ReNewal Retreat: either a custom produced group ZICO yoga class at Pure NYC or a rock climbing session at Brooklyn Boulders
The 88 amplified awareness of the Hugo Boss global flagship store launch in Columbus Circle through our social media takeover. Attendees were treated to Marco Brambilla’s “Anthropocene,” the 6,000 square foot, first ever art installation shown in the atrium of the Time Warner Center, and encouraged to interact through Instagram, using the hashtag #HBNYC to Be Part of the Art.
• Collaborated with influencers @weworewhat, @samhorine, @natalieoffduty, and @lavishlivez
• Influencers contributed to over 5.8 million impressions for the #HBNYC hashtag on Twitter and 6.6 million impressions on Instagram
• Inspired over 180,000 likes and comments on Instagram
• Contributed to the growth of HUGO BOSS’S social media following by 3,414 on Twitter and 7,358 on Instagram
To amplify illy’s social media presence at the New York City Wine and Food Festival in 2013, The 88 collaborated with Grizzly Bear’s lead singer/Instagram addict, Ed Droste, and photographer Daniel Seung Lee. Together, they shared their unique festival experience, providing exclusive photos for illy’s channels and increasing awareness and following.
• Accumulated 2,436,510 impressions and 16,350 likes and comments on Instagram and Twitter
• Ed Droste’s photograph was featured on the Instagram popular page
The 88 launched #ReNewYorkCity, a social media campaign that brought ZICO coconut water to the NYC streets. Tying digital to offline to grow #ReNewYorkCity awareness, we used ZICO’s social channels to push foot traffic to 2 customized trucks, as well as placed 60 custom #ReNewYorkCity stencils in both Manhattan and Brooklyn.
• Influenced a 30% increase in engagement across Twitter and Instagram respectively
• Created the hashtag #ReNewYorkCity that inspired 1.5M Twitter and 2.7M Instagram impressions in the first 3 weeks of the campaign
• Customized trucks offered ZICO, #ReNewYorkCity premiums, and gift certificates to local renewing venues like Soul Cycle, Physique 57, and Brooklyn Boulders
For the New York City Wine and Food Festival 2013, The 88 activated illy’s social media channels with the “What Brew Are You?” campaign – a competition that encouraged social media fans to take an “illy selfie.” By posting their “illy selfies” to Twitter or Instagram, festival attendees had the chance to have their photo made into latte art by artist Michael Breach and have it featured on illy’s Instagram.
• Inspired 9.5 million impressions on illy’s social channels, 28,482 likes and comments, and 2,695 new followers
The 88 hosted the first Corzo Collective Banquet in New York City, celebrating collectivist Daniel Arsham’s collaboration with Pharrell. After the art unveiling in The Standard East Village’s penthouse, we ushered guests to an intimate banquet in The Bowery Hotel’s atrium.
• Facilitated a 20% increase in @officialcorzo Instagram followers and a 60% spike in engagement across both Twtter and Instagram
• Dinner guests included Pusha T, Richard Chai, Estelle, Kaws, #BeenTrill’s Virgil Abloh and Heron Preston, Matthew Chevallard, Chris Stamp, Casey Neistat, and Guillermo Andrade
• Guests were treated to place settings featuring pieces of Arsham’s art
W Hotels commissioned The 88 to create a summer music series traveling across Manhattan to all of their New York properties. In 8 weeks, we secured over 20 acts, and activated the #WGangsNY hashtag to increase awareness and media impressions.
• Resulted in 19 million impressions on Twitter and Instagram
• Lineup included Redman, Grandmaster Flash, Break Science, The Dirty Projectors, Le1f, The Drums, Todd Terry, Cold War Kids and more
• Collaborated with CFDA Swarovski Menswear Design Winners Dao-Yi Chow and Public School’s Maxwell Osborne to create Black Apple Warriors inspired jackets
With PR and social media direction from The 88, New York Fashion Week 2013 experienced the show-crashing tour of lifestyle brand Sweetly Inked. Using the hashtag #THEBLACKHOURS, The 88 elevated awareness of Sweetly Inked’s activities around Manhattan, which ended with a raucous part at The Westway.
• #THEBLACKHOURS capped over 1.2 million media impressions between Twitter and Instagram, reaching 500,000 unique users, and generating a nearly 100% increase in social media following
• Secured press coverage from Refinery29, The New York Daily News, and Seen Heard Known
• Activities included 2 Sweetly Inked performances and music from the Chromatics and Glass Candy
The 88 officially launched the Corzo Collective, a group of innovators dedicated to challenging the expected. Over the following months, we continued to unveil new members of the #CorzoCollective across the country, celebrating innovation and creativity.
• Daniel Arsham, a NYC-based leader in art and architecture, was the first member
We celebrated the Jazz Age Lawn Party with signature spirit St-Germain, focusing on social media as a way to collaborate and engage with over 5,000 guests. By launching a brand advocacy competition focused on Instagram growth, we encouraged users to share photos using #stgermaindrinks, and successfully increased the brand’s media impressions.
• Oversaw a 25% growth in Instagram fan-base
• Collaborated with Keiko Lynn and Bobby Hicks, who documented their journey to the island in a series of posts, sharing style tips and St-Germain recipes with fans
The 88 has reimagined the tone and social positioning for a brand that embodies modern tequila, Corzo. As we took over their social media channels, our aim was and continues to be to “Challenge the Expected” through a series of events, collaborations, and bold content creation.
• Follow Corzo Tequila on Twitter @OfficialCorzo, Instagram @OfficialCorzo, and Facebook www.facebook.com/Corzo.Tequila
Since launching the illy issimo Insider program two months ago, we've had the pleasure of working with numerous creative and influential Instagramers including @patriciaar, @swopes, @jasonmpeterson, @Jjcobsantiago, @mollygottschalk, @brandenharvey, @camwashburn, @turnone, and @lauralawsonvisconti. By lending their inspiring creativity, these Insiders provide illy issimo's channels with fresh perspectives of their cities. We're excited to expand the program as illy issimo continues its journey On The Road. Follow the illy issimo Insiders on Twitter @illyissimo, Instagram @illyissimo, and Facebook www.facebook.com/illyissimousa.
This summer we're happy to be collaborating with APK on #SweatTheFeed, a 20 day passion project exploring story telling through Instagram. We developed a custom hub to aggregate content from 8 friends whose feeds we sweat. Check it out for posts from our team, @chrissiemiller, @jasonmpeterson, @pierluisa, @flourshop & more. www.sweatthefeed.com
We are back working with our favorite phone brand HTC and our favorite photographer and friend Terry Richardson. We designed a limited edition box for Terry to share with his friends and family, while managing his social media for a campaign of original photos taken by him on the phone. See some pick-up we secured via High Snobiety.
We're relaunching illy issimo's social media channels with a fresh new look while working with a group of talented individuals, our illy issimo Insiders, to strategically support their expansion nation wide. Follow along on Twitter @illyissimo, Instagram @illyissimo and Facebook Facebook.com/illyissimousa.
With summer finally here, we're proud to announce a partnership with The Surf Lodge in Montauk for the second year, focusing on content creation and social media management for the boutique hotel. Looking forward to the warm months ahead, and the famed Summer Concert Series.
One night, three hours, 150 guests and 6 million social media impressions. We worked with W Hotels NYC and Boiler Room to activate the W Do Not Disturb private hotel party, held in an EWOW Suite at W’s Times Square location. Our strategic pre, during, and post event activation on social media exposed millions to the event. Watch highlights of performances by Cam’ron, Solange and more here.
Hailing from northern Italy, Soxiety is a luxury socks retailer. Our design and development teams collaborated with the innovative brand to create a seamless e-commerce shopping experience. Explore it here.
Smirnoff's mixhibit app aggregates your personal social content to create custom, shareable videos. We launched a global influencer program spanning three continents to raise awareness of the app, partnering with influential bloggers, artists and photographers including The Facehunter, Alice Point, Mr. Penfold and Michigan Rabbit.
Stir your own up here.
The 88 is proud to announce the re-launch of Cinelan.com. Explore Morgan Spurlock's team of filmmakers and industry experts here.